Thursday, August 19, 2010

Need advice on donkeys,. How can I get them to be friendlier?

Right now, if I am in the pasture, and I stand still, they will slowly walk up to me, and sniff me, but if I try to walk to them, or reach out to pet them, they walk away.


Any ideas on how to get them to let me walk up to them and pet them?Need advice on donkeys,. How can I get them to be friendlier?
Oboy. donkeys. Love donkeys. They're the equine equivilant of cats. If they want to do something, they will, if they don't , well, they won't.





Patience is a virtue, and it this case the only thing that works.





Take treats with you. Stand still and talk to them. They will see somebody's getting treats and come. Make sure there's treats and scratches in all the right places when they come to you.





After a week, stand a little closer. Reward whoever comes first. Next week, little closer. They're testing you just as you are deciding what to do with them, too.





Give them time. They'll figure you out and find out you only want good things. Then they'll follow you everywhere.Need advice on donkeys,. How can I get them to be friendlier?
talk to them softly dont try totouch them then either sit on the fence or the grass and ignore them take this slowly and they will come round also a treat now and then works wonders
Donkyes are very dangerous,be careful around them.


They kill allot of people yearly.

No comments:

Post a Comment